Saturday 16 June 2012

Fathers day

Father is one of the first few words a child is always introduced too and for a father the first words by his son as father are very touching and life time remembered.

Now I will try to write my phase of becoming a father to the present father's day.Although it is my personal I would like to express it and store it for a life time. As my blogs are "as I see and feel". Here it goes;

The idea of getting married is a thrill for any person it may be a boy or girl and I am no exception. But since I saw my sister getting married and having her first child very close to their anniversary, I was confused as I wanted to get married but didn't want to have a child at least before completion of 3-4 years of marriage and the main point was will it be taken in the same spirit by my would be wife that we need to enjoy our life a bit before we take the responsibility of one more person. But I felt this topic would be not right to make it a criteria while selecting my wife. So went ahead and selected a girl from my home town and we are happily married. Then came the question of how to explain it to my wife and I managed to tell her and she agreed which made me happy. But I think you all know of the Indian mentality of the parents and inlaws about having a grandchild as soon as they have their children married. I have to say in this aspect It is the ladies who hav to face tough situation rather than gents. But my wife was stuck between me and all others but we some how managed it. And I forgot to mention one of the main reasons for not having child according to me is to have ur disturbed sleep at nights as I saw my sister family spending many nights without sleep...it may sound silly to you but I was clear.

Although we had to wait for knowing that we will have our first child it was the timing which created a little hassle. I confirmed my job for moving to Singapore and 1 week later to that we knew that we are going to be parents and as per doctor advise my wife cannot travel abroad and has to stay in India only. Then the discussion whether to abandon the idea of Singapore but it was a long cherished dream to go to Singapore . Finally with an understanding that I will be visiting every two months and a promise to stay with my wife on the due day and my inlaws going to take care of her I moved to Singapore. It was a very tough phase. And as u all know the ladies will have a lot of wishes in the time from conceiving to delivering which they want their husbands to fulfill, I did my best in my visits and I am thankful to my wife for understanding.

The tentative deliver date was informed and I was prepared to come to India then. One fine morning about 3weeks from the tentative date I got a call saying the my wife delivered a baby boy and they did not inform me because it was sudden in the mid night India time and they don't want me to get tensed. I was thrilled and sad too. Thrilled for the wonderful news , sad that I could not keep my promise to be on the delivery date. I wanted to fly the same day but was informed that due to some stars of birth etc I cannot seem him even if I come and the naming function was decided on 21st day from date of birth and I cannot fly two times.

Although the technology was well in place but my inlaws did not allow my son pic o b clicked and send to me. So I was only hearing about him through words of all including my wife. I was unable to control but had no choice but to be away from my seeing my diet child. The days flew and finally saw my son and my wife and the tears just rolled down. So did not lose any time nd they were in Singapore in the next 2 months.

Although I was happy of their coming but the worry of getting less sleep had kept me bothered.....as I thought it happened I used to get less sleep although my wife managed a lot as she knows I hate less sleep. But I tried to do my best. I was waiting for he day for my son to call me "papa" and the day arrived and I was so happy....

As he grew up I learned a lot of things like having more patience, spending time with him rather than on the net, things to make him happy and I missed a lot like movies in theatres, avoiding late night parties etc etc. As he grew I started like the cartoons their stories their movies. Now I enjoy cartoons as much as he enjoys.

Coming to today when he is 5 years old , he made a tie for me which reads to my " best dad, I love u dad". Seeing it made me emotionalH. I never thought that being father has so much happy feelings linked to it. Now we enjoy the gadgets iPhone,iPad,galaxy sii with lots of games, videos etc. I never felt so happy......I thank my wife and god for making me a father. I know it's only the beginning ....it has a long way to go........

Sorry if it was so long I tried to make the post short but as I am new to blogging I could not may be I will learn it sometime.

6 comments:

  1. Hey very nice to read through your journey of being father :) yes all these dilemma and pressure is there in every family.
    But giving birth is very blessed thing! and then moving ahead to be a very good Father is even more blessed thing. Good write up!

    Happy Father's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tks for ur comment. Motivation like urs is required to keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Aren't you glad you got through those crazy nights? :) Parenthood is a fun and interesting ride, right? Happy fatherhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. U r right. I m enjoying it. Tks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet post, Gopinath!
    your concern for your wife and child comes through..happy fatherhood :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks for the comments. Do read other blogs if u have time.

      Delete